The Fraternal Order of Police Scholarship Fund has been established by the Iredell Co. Lodge 10 Fraternal Order of Police. It is our aim to encourage young people to pursue a higher education in the career of their choice.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS:
- Graduating high school seniors have precedence over all other candidates.
- All candidates either must be, or have a relative who is, a member of Iredell Co. Lodge 10 Fraternal Order of Police.
- Candidates must demonstrate their need for financial assistance. Applicants not having received other financial assistance will take precedence.
- Candidates must be enrolled in, accepted by, or already a student in an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Candidates may not be convicted of or be charged with any serious misdemeanors, felonies or be under investigation for any illegal acts.
- Candidates can reapply each year throughout their training, but freshmen candidates take precedence.
- All applications must be submitted no later than April 15th.
The Fraternal Order of Police Scholarship applicants must petition the Scholarship Committee in the following manner:
- Attach a transcript of most recent school records.
- Present one (1) letter of recommendation from a school official and one (1) letter of recommendation from another individual who can comment on the applicant’s character and financial need.
- Present a criminal history from the Clerk’s Office of all counties of residence since age 16.
- Present a recommendation letter from a member of the Iredell Co. Lodge #10 Fraternal Order of Police.
- Include a 250-word essay on “What Higher Education Means to Me”.
Download form: click here